View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #53
BoscoBob
BoscoBob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have often wished for a database of cities and locations "friendly" to Segways, and a way to disseminate that information to other gliders.

Has anyone contemplated using Google maps? They have a powerful interface and the ability to leave tags and routes. I think the best user interface would be something akin to what is being used here, a geocaching.com feature. A link to the route, a description of why it is great/horrible and any hazards.

I'm no computer whiz, so I'll leave it up to you young whippersnappers to implement this.

I can tell you that Salem, Oregon is (now) extremely friendly to Segways. After some dust-ups with a stupid cop and an insensitive WallyWorld Night Manager, the roads are now wide open to gliders. Additionally, with the money from the Economic Stimulus Package, Salem made EVERY curb corner in the city "ramped". What that means to me as a glider is that I can go anywhere in this city and never, ever have to deal with a curb.

Edit: Wanted to throw in a link for a possible glide. Not a real glide, but an example of what we could even do here. Have a "Recent Glides" page with a sticky, and we could post our glides and didactic on that page.

Last edited by BoscoBob; 02-10-2013 at 05:48 AM..
BoscoBob is offline   Reply With Quote