View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:16 AM   #50
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
I like [facts]. If you have some to share, you may want to. I encourage it. Of course, all that is published is not fact, and we have gone over all this in the past.

I recall reading one time about a condition that is characterized by doing (or asking the same question) something over and over, but expecting a different result. You may want to reconsider your repeated requests for me to offer some sort of admission that you want.
"Not all that is published is fact" is a sweeping statement. It is true, but it is a red herring. It uses the cheap trick of stating a truism to try to dismiss any and every fact, up front and without discussion, that disputes a particular point of view. Of course not "everything" published is a fact, but what about the specific facts that I (and others) have posted. Not one of the many facts I have posted has been addressed, disputed, or even acknowledged.

Let's take one example. The website of St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church has a link to a newspaper article that provides reasons for why the church was not yet granted a building permit. By dismissing this very inconvenient fact out of hand, one would apparently be claiming that St. Nicholas is purposefully misleading readers into thinking that there ARE legitimate reasons for not yet having building permits

That would be an insult to St. Nicholas' Church, if it were not so completely absurd.

The suggestion in the post above is that I am insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. This statement stems from a fundamental misunderstanding. In fact, I fully expect exactly the same response. I believe the transparent stonewalling and ongoing refusal to defend one's own allegation on the basis of even one fact, speaks volumes.

For important issues, I consider it a matter of personal responsibility to remind readers about this as often as I think it might be needed.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote