View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #13
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I would love to say that there is this neat trick that you can do, but some things are just hard.

The valve from the factory is not in a convenient place, simple as that. Even so, it is not really that hard for those who are used to dealing with such things, and are just a tad creative.

Many people lay the machine on one wheel, or face down, so they can more easily access the valves. There is not much room to work, unless you rotate the wheel so the valve (Just like a car or bike tire) is near the bottom of the machine, sticking below the batteries. Then most any valve end from the compressor or air source will work.

For me, I am too lazy for all that, and I moved the valves so they are accessable from the outside, like the gen 1 machines were. I am an electromechanical Engineer, so it was not too much of a stretch for me to deal with factory standard, or modify it as I see fit.

Again, I wish I could say to just do this or just do that, but the reality is that the valves require a great deal more effort that would be optimum. I guess the gen 2 machines are slaves to fashion.

I have a CO2 pump, but the gas comes out too fast, so it is hard to just ‘top off’ the pressure”. That is for me, with my pump,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote