View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracefuli View Post
This has all been very helpful-but i have more questions (of course!)

1. slime-i assume you use this only to patch a leak or flat? Does the tire then need to be replaced? can they be fixed at a repair shop like my car tires can?

2. CO2 pump & cartiages- can use these just to top off tires? If tire should be 15 and it reads only 6, can i use this to get to 15? What if i don't need all the cartridge- what do i do with the remaining co2? What kind of stem valve do i have?

Txs- grace
And I have a question too... One tire has had the tube replaced (some of us learn the hard way. <G>) That same tire with the new tube is low for the second time after about a month. The other with the original tube is fine after 2 years of use. It is almost a 150 mile trip to the dealer--who when he replaced the tube neglected to check the other tire--which was also low. Fortunately I had learned enough to recognize that fact.

The local mechanics don't want to bother with filling it for me--their hose connection doesn't fit properly in the space allowed. Is there a particular type of guage that works well? It is difficult for e to get it turned over to check...

The young man at Walmart this morning finally had to get a pair of pliers to get his connection to work. The crew there agreed that slime would not be a solution.....

Suggestions?

Lily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote