View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default My personal experiences

Hi Blaze422,

I won't be the one to say that your son's friend is too heavy, or that he should loose some weight, before stepping on a segway. Why not? Simply because I myself weight 128 KG (or: 282 LBS), I don't know what your son's friend has done to loose weight, so I would say that it's better to not mention anything about it, except that he will probably have a shorter radius compared to your son when riding the segway.

I will tell you my personal experiences as a guy of 128 KG, I own a Segway HT I180 now for something like 10 months and my segway never had any problems related to my weight. Sure you will get a bit shorter radius then all the non-heavy people riding a segway, but for the rest nothing is different.

Regarding the comments about driving full speed and braking, I always ride full speed on the red key without any problem, braking goes for my personal feeling even faster then for most non-heavy segway riders, probably because I have a bit more weight that I can use in the case I need to make an emergency stop.

As long as you or your son keep an eye out on the battery level (for the way back home) there is nothing to worry about. That's at least my personal experience.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote