View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #3
defenbaugh
defenbaugh

5 yr Member

With the risk of being off topic, I will add to Bruce's comments. Those that can't comprehend, perceive (you choose the right word) new technology will never understand the difference between the HT and the Q any more than they could perceive (or your word) the difference between the computer and the calculator. Add to the list the calculator and the adding machine. You get the point. Only when they, themselves, can operate it, and some not then, will this type person comprehend what a Segway really is. I have family members and employees still not using computers for they can not see the need. There will always be those people. There are more of these none comprehenders than Dean, myself, and most on this chat board would like to believe. The recent Wall Street Journal thread brings to mind that I originally would have sold the farm to buy stock in Segway if it had been available, that's how much faith I had in this revolutionary product. The WSJ article indicates the road is going to be steeper than we all anticipated. This Segway will climb a steeper hill than most people think, both physically and metaphoricly. But, as pt likes to remind us, "it's not a sprint, it is a marathon."

Ron
"Literacy requires reading, change requires effort and enlightenment requires courage."
defenbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote