View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #29
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Too expensive? Make more money.

Too heavy? Get stronger.

You have a bad back? Well, umm... get a better one.

No, I don't think things are always that easy. I don't think there is a simple answer to why the P wasn't bought more. The i series didn't take off until it got the extra range that made it viable for security. The P series never got the extra range, and was slower. Security has driven PT sales, and security wasn't interested in Ps. It used old NiMH batteries. Newer NiMH batteries are much better. The P used different sized parts than the i series, and maintaining and buying the parts for two different models is more expensive than for one.

The Segway landscape from the time when the P was introduced to the time it was discontinued didn't change much. The Segway landscape is much different today. You cannot compare a small Segway from 6 years ago to what a future small Segway could be, the times are too different and the game has changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man