View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
I tried riding a co-workers. I struggled a lot and it took me 10 minutes to be able to go forward 20 feet. He said I was learning remarkably fast. Turning is a very delicate balancing act. Expect to fall a lot before actually being able to take it on a ride somewhere.
Thanks for this. Sounds like it will be tough. I take it actually having ridden a Segway is not much help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
Please try before you buy, it's not as relex as Segway. I've spend 30 minutes try to master the thing but gave up in the end, as I don't want to break any bones.
Use the rope handle is easier to learn, but it is nowhere easy try to put the second foot on the paddle and take off, try to stop the wheel is anothet drama.
I won't get the chance to try before I buy. It was like that when I bought my first Segway hence I bought the Segway expecting to keep it for a few months and then sell it. That's what I did but it wasn't long before I bought another...

The dealer has some used ones. I might go for the cheapest one if the discount is good enough and if I master it, upgrade. Otherwise, pop it on eBay and hope I don't lose too much. In fact, eBay has people in the UK selling them much cheaper than the dealer, and they are new. But I think I'd rather support the official dealer if his used prices are reasonable. Will find out tomorrow.