Thread: CSB disassembly
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Ludwigs
Ludwigs

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isidore View Post
The spacers, I'm fairly sure, come from under two of the four machine screws that hold the guts of the csb into the casing. From memory it is the rear two screws- if you examine the parts you will notice that the bosses which two of the screws are threaded into are lower than the other two. The spacers allow the screws to be done up tight without distorting the base of the electronics assembly. I notice that the grommet you describe where the wires go up through the top of the csb is different from the one I took apart- mine just had a fat grommet without a plastic nut. (my one was a really early unit)
Greetings, I found a post from you to PLO about the CSB wiring. I, too have an early unit with no nut, just the fat grommet you mentioned.
My question is, How do you further disassemble these old units? Do you push the grommet down through the csb casting, after having removed the five small machine screws from the "D" shaped aluminum plate, and are the two "pop" rivets down there the problem I have read about?
Thank You in advance, David Ludwigs
Ludwigs is offline   Reply With Quote