View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 AM   #6
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by plo View Post
F
One last thing, if Karl or Will are reading this, two spacers fell out of the CSB when I finally popped it open. They look like thick small washers, and I'm betting they went with the 2 screws that went into the bottom of the CSB where the frame spreads out into a T. Or maybe there were 4 spacers so there'd be one for each screw? What do you all think? Where do these go? How many were there (and have I lost some)?

ps - Sheesh the components in the charger are HUGE! These things are rated for some serious wattages!
The spacers, I'm fairly sure, come from under two of the four machine screws that hold the guts of the csb into the casing. From memory it is the rear two screws- if you examine the parts you will notice that the bosses which two of the screws are threaded into are lower than the other two. The spacers allow the screws to be done up tight without distorting the base of the electronics assembly. I notice that the grommet you describe where the wires go up through the top of the csb is different from the one I took apart- mine just had a fat grommet without a plastic nut. (my one was a really early unit)