View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I am finding it difficult to accept the accuracy of the information on the spec sheet for the E8-2 that I found online.

https://www.ecoriderscooter.com/off-...c-scooter.html

For example, they claim it can climb a 45 degree slope....how is this possible?

IPX6 waterproofing is a difficult spec to achieve. Another thing that stands out is the battery packs are only spec'd to last "1-3 years" which is very short compared with Segway packs.

If you were to choose this device for a commercial tour business how can it meet Health & Safety regulations when it lacks full redundant sub-systems?

I happened to have the opportunity to ride one of these devices last month, and was not impressed at all. There is a serious lack of overhead in performance under load (i.e. lots of Speed Limiter push-back), and dynamic performance when turning at high speed is very disconcerting and unintuitive (I'm not certain why, but I suspect it does not have Segway's Roll Compensation feature mapped into the steering algorithm).