View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
Bob you just rained on my parade. I want one or better yet to use the technology on my computer chair.
Sorry. Reality is like that sometimes.

If you don't mind needing a supply of liquid nitrogen, lining the floor with a whole bunch of very strong magnets, and some rather expensive materials, you could do a computer chair today.

You can get some of the stuff you need here:
http://www.quantumlevitation.com/

Somewhere I've seen video of one people put together big enough to stand on and travel a few meeters.

There are other techniques, too -- more complex, but perhaps more practical (cheaper, easier to maintain, no cryogenics).

But a simpler option would be to get a big blower, feed air to a chamber under your desk, and drill lots of little holes -- like an air hockey table.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.