View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
Sharkie
Sharkie will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Freedom of speech is all well and good, however, since you are on a private system, you must abide by the rules of those that are in control. Freedom of speech is a much overused phrase, just like another one I was chastised for using just recently. Having freedom of speech does NOT entitle one to say whatever they want, where ever they want to. Just as one example, try yelling "Fire" in a crowded theatre, and see what happens to you. Since this is a private forum, you are obligated to follow the rules that are set out. If you don't wish to follow the rules, then take your language or whatever elsewhere, as you won't be welcomed here.

Years ago when I helped run a Bulletin Board System, we had people trying to claim they had a "right" to be on the system. They quickly found out that they had NO rights at all, and the same would apply here. You are a guest here.

If you were to come into my house and use language that I deemed inappropriate, you would rapidly find yourself on the other side of the door, and most likely without much care being taken to ensure that you feel welcome to return.

Jim