View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
carlotaglia
carlotaglia is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

You're right Karl!

I forgot to translate in English what I wrote at the beginning of the video (the two automatic voices of my mac are ironic) and in its description on Youtube.
Basically, I wrote that you don't have to try this at home unless you are an expert driver.

Segway standard tires are dangerous on snow, the traction that those tires can offer is almost inexistent, in fact you have to perfectly know how to brake and turn, but with other cross tires (two years ago I found this interesting page on Segwaychat's archive http://forums.segwaychat.org/archive...p/t-15256.html ), you can drive almost safely in every conditions: also, if you switch on the beginners mode, you will find that you can start without problems on snow and that you can brake very safely (you just have to pay attention with ice).

Karl, it would be interesting to see other videos: I know that I'm not alone and I saw just this video
Quote:
I know that here in Italy there's a Segway dealer that two years ago organized a "Segway slalom challenge" on wet grass: unfortunately I don't have much time (now I'm relatively free for one week more, so I think that this will be the last video of this winter ), but, seeing photos of that event, it was amazing!

If you will came to Italy, it would be a pleasure to visit a city together with our Segways!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i2 Owner since 2006 with more than 4000km experience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carlotaglia is offline   Reply With Quote