View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttonChops View Post
Special Thanks to long time SegwayChat member TerryP for saving me from myself on a tire replacement job. I had fought with installing new tires for six hours with only Swiss cheese looking tubes to show for the effort. TerryP (with minor help from me) had two tires mounted without tube holes in 45 minutes!

So the one feature on my i3 wish-list is a different wheel design. Maybe the Michelin Airless Tweel or a simple 1940's truck bolt together split rim, I don't care but it shouldn't continue with the home repair nightmare i2 rims.

Segway has three good market growth areas; Police use, Tour Groups, and all us/those aging baby-boomers and we're getting too old and cranky to be fighting with tire irons, tubes, and bloody hands.

A few facts on this tire change:
Lost the center thread channel (time to replace indicator) at 3,500 miles.
Knowing the change would be difficult decided to delay to ~ 4,000 miles.
There is a difference in handling after the center thread is gone.
Tire squirm was very noticeable and a bit unsettling on rough surfaces.
Overall cornering also seemed less precise.
Noticed a big difference when the new tires were used yesterday, it is like a new SEG.
Final miles before tire replacement 4,125
Wheel design, lol !

Let's see they have run out of totally inconvenient places to put the valve stem so I guess it's time to make it accesable again. Ya know like it was on the first Segways. Not to mention the overpriced tires that are stock. To INCs buyers go shopping there are far better, less expensive tires.

I have no other comments on things I'd like on a new model until they re-work the simple things.

Please back to basics no more form over function.

Be Big,
AMAC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote