View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default The Seg does make noise

But does someone on a bike or who is walking need to make more noise too? And with all the backround noise, do we need to make more so it can be heard above the din? I myself find that I like the quiet, but then again, I have my sight.

The folks from Segway of Annapolis, spent a night with a blind group, and yes almost all of the got on the Segway and tried it out. Their real issue is having just one more thing they have to deal with that they need to identify as a hazard to their movement. And sound to them is the sense that makes the most sense.

It was interesting to talk to them and hear their concerns. One was concerned that the guide dogs would be disturbed by the seg. And one was sure that theirs was when it growled during dinner, "see my dog was disturbed by the Segway" when really it was growling because one of the people knocked the bread basket off the table and we went to pick it up and the dog felt it belonged to him and did not want it picked up. It was one of those, how do you explain this situations.

And on those things hanging from trailer hitches - one of the SegChatter posted that a number of years ago, as something to hang from the back of a Segway. How very nice!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote