View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I sure hope we are not going to turn this discussion into anything resembling accusations of conspiracy to defraud. My questions were legitimate curiosity. I don't have an insurance company, I have only VA health care. Each and every device I have gotten from them for my health care "needs" were prescribed, not requested and some even landed on my stoop with me initially wondering how and why they were sent.

Like the shower seat. I remember my doctor asking about whether I run out of breath showering (yes) and do I have a seat in my shower (no), but it didn't sound like anything more than just Q&A. Two weeks later, I have a plastic and aluminum shower seat that I have never used.

So, would it be fraud to sell it at a yard sale for 5 bucks? What if I sold the nebulizer they won't take back?

What is ethics anyway? I know there are many common ethics we all share - don't steal, don't shoot the neighborhood brats, etc. - but our idea of ethical health treatment may vary. I think some medical treatment should be legal. Some states agree, but the federal government don't. I think Segway's should be prescribed for certain conditions, but because Segway INC won't put that label on it, the insurance companies don't allow it as a legitimate claim. INCs business dealings and agreements with a company that cares more about profit than quality of life for its customers is unethical to me, but you or others may disagree.

I was asking about actual rules, regulations and law. I realize we may not be graced with any Segging attorneys that can answer these questions, so I was hoping for "best guess" scenarios. But nothing I said should be misconstrued as a conspiracy to defraud, or even to be unethical in my actions or inaction. Of course, to a small number, just posting my thoughts on SegwayChat is unethical, or at least a lapse in good judgement on my part.

Please, let's not digress. Let's assume everyone participating has the best of intentions and just wants to be better informed.

Jim McClain
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote