View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

As Bob points out, there are ethical questions here, as well as legal ones.

I can only imagine that if you intentionally get the insurance company to give you a device that do not plan to use, but to sell instead, it sounds like fraud to me, or at least against the policy, if not the law.

There is a difference here not so much in the time frames, but the intention. If you have a mobility device that the insurance paid for, (Yesterday, last month, last year...) and it is not what you need, and they will not pay you to get what you do need, that is different than the preceding paragraph.

So, it seems to me not so much the what you do, but if you plan to defraud the insurance company, you probably are.

As far as finding a lawyer to help you with advice as to the laws, I agree it is a good idea. If looking for a lawyer to help you determine if it is within the law, but against the insurance policy, also good.

If you are looking for a lawyer to help you with this ethical dilemma, I feel you may be looking for a very, very long time before you find one able to appropriately weigh in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote