View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Your opinion can bite me....because your the reason with your opinions, we have lost are edge on the world due to the all mighty greed and $!!!

Maybe you should look at the big picture that has happened over the last 40 years?

Funny no response on the slave work force that has to have nets on there windows at apple plants so workers don't commit suicide?...or there great living wage and retirement those workers get??? Interesting....but expected....
Samuel Clemens once said that every man is entitled to his own opinion, but no man is entitled to his own facts. That's not much of an issue here, as airdale hasn't offered many, and is unwilling to speak to the facts that are offered.

The problem with an opinion that isn't substantiated by fact, is that every time it is offered, it diminishes the reputation of the person with the opinion. Done often enough, it eventually completely trashes their ability to convince anyone of anything. Stick with what you can substantiate. Just for example, to substantiate his opinion that Chinese cars are junk, airdale stated that Ford is the fastest growing car company in China. I pointed out that Ford-made cars for the Chinese market are mostly made in China. Step up the plate, sir, and admit your errors.

Regarding the Apple/Foxconn slave labor question. AGAIN, the sweeping original claim was that Chinese companies make junk, and now, with that claim destroyed, airdale hopes to deflect to "Well, they're all slavers!" Let me be clear: Bullsh*t. Some surely are. Many are not. Specifically, Apple has been under public pressure, and says it has addressed the sweat-shop environment at Foxconn. I don't know how accurate this is, but it is this all-inclusive "Chinese business sucks!" which begs the question of racism, or bigotry, or at the very least xenophobia.

Let's TRY to stay on the subject of manufacturing quality, which was airdale's original complaint. Chinese manufacturers run the gamut from high quality to crap, just as do manufacturers everywhere else. Companies which take the time to establish their own manufacturing protocols and quality control system with a Chinese supplier get high quality results. Full stop.

I DO understand your complaint, airdale, but it's not the fault of Chinese companies. Focus your anger on the real culprits, who are much closer to home.