View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracefuli View Post
When you say plug it in- do you mean into car segvator or to an outside electric cable? My gen1 seg never seems very happy when it stays on the segvator for more than a few hours. And i love the segvator- can't imagine how else to transport it!
I'm sure he meant plug it into an electrical outlet. I keep mine plugged in whenever I am not gliding, except when I have it in the car and the car is not running. I use a converter in the car for trips, but I also don't want to drain my car battery just to charge the Seg batteries.

I use my Seg every day for mobility assistance as well as for fun. Some may think I'm having too much fun on it to be handicapped. No rule against having fun on a mobility device.

I use a Chrysler Town & Country minivan to haul my Seg around. I made my own ramp because the average Segway ramp is way over-priced. I've since found nearly identical metal ramps for less than half the price, but my own ramp still works great after nearly 4 years.

Segways don't like cold, so I have to keep mine indoors. I have custom wheels and tires that some people refer to as off-road, but in fact, they are asphalt racing tires for ATVs and don't work well on the bike trails where I live. They do, however, work very well indoors and I have had no real problems gliding in and out of stores and other public, medical or commercial establishments anywhere I go in California and Nevada. I park it in my living room or inside wherever I am. I carry a power cord and no one has minded me plugging it in while it waits for me to come back to it.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote