View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouterjansen60 View Post
That sounds pretty normal to me, although either a measurement or tactile feedback would make it easier to judge.

It seems to be about the same amount of axial play that mine has had since new, 5000 miles ago.

It's normal to have some amount of axial play. Tight tolerances don't leave any room for lubrication, thermal expansion, tolerance -- Too tight can actually cause wear, outright failures (less likely in a low-speed application like this) or excess friction (reducing range and increasing load on the motors).

If it's enough to make you concerned, I *would* take that seriously enough to have it checked out by someone. It's just too hard to judge by a YouTube video to give you any blanket assurances. But I would not at all be surprised if your answer is "that's normal".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote