View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 03:42 PM   #1
SciaticNerd
SciaticNerd is on a distinguished road

Default Hello from San Antonio!

Hey there! I bought a 2004 HT i67 from a private seller here in town and am slowly bringing it back to being serviceable! I've replaced the fenders, ordered replacement batteries, and had to repair the platform mat, got air into the tires... and then had to order replacement keys.

I was all excited to start a practice ride, when the unthinkable happened:
Nothing.

Not. A. Thing. I tried different keys (ordered all three) in different positions. There's an almost imperceptible 'click' noise after around 2 seconds, but no noises and nothing comes up on the display. I'm of the opinion that the handlebar electronics are in need of replacing, but I really am just flying blind on a rocket cycle.

So I've tried disconnecting and re-connecting the quick release plugs inside the Control Shaft Base... I've swapped the batteries from back to front and let them charge for another 12 hours. I even tried applying the button key while it was plugged in, both holding things still for 3.5 seconds and the 'rapid reapplying' of the key to get something to reset.

Seems like no matter what I try, the little screen on the handlebar remains completely blank. No face. No errors. Just a big blank.

So I called the local Segway Nation tours office and they pointed me to Great Lakes Segway to see if they had any handlebars I could buy. They said I needed to get them pictures, because there are two different models and wanted to get the 'right one.' I've sent the pictures and am waiting to hear back. It isn't inexpensive for the part(s) either. I find myself wondering if I'd be better off just ordered a well-loved gen 1 handlebar from eBay?

What say you, remnant of the rolling renegades of the gliding community?

Respectfully,

SciaticNerd
SciaticNerd is offline   Reply With Quote