Thread: Segway S Plus
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 07:17 AM   #1
Mcbone
Mcbone is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Segway S Plus

I guess I am going to be kinda disappointed in my first Segway purchase. I am currently having difficulty with my S Plus due to the fact that the center steering post is not adjustable up or down. My issue is that I am bow legged and have skinny legs. I feel as if I have to put too much effort into trying to make the S-Plus steer to the right and left. If I could get the steering shaft to be wider "with a fatter pad at the top" or have the steering shaft be taller so the pad is closer to my thighs, right above my knee, this would help out with the discomfort.

I see that minipros have aftermarket products for their steering shafts, like larger pads and adjustable height steering posts, but I don't see these products for the s-plus. Does anyone know if the minipro products also work for the s-plus? Will the s plus ever have aftermarket products like this available for it? Or is the design of the s-plus limited because of its center shaft design? The S Plus has a camera mount feature on the steering shaft and a carrying case. Is this what's limiting the availability of aftermarket upgrades for the s Plus?

I like the mini pros but I am concerned about the shorter battery life. I will be using my segway for work everyday and am afraid the battery life will cause me to have issues throughout the day. That is why I purchased the Splus, for its distance traveled and larger pneumatic tires.

I see the S Max is coming out but that doesn't have pneumatic tires which I will need for running the unit on grass. Are these tires changeable?
Mcbone is offline   Reply With Quote