View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #61
cvhsquared
cvhsquared is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Did you get an answer on this question?

I am having the same issue. The battery accepts and holds a charge but I get the red light when plugged into the Segway. I get a beep from the Segway when I attached the battery but red light when I plug in. I have seen someone say that it might be possible to lock the BMS but that it can be unlocked also. Anyone familiar with this condition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Hey all.. I purchased 2 - x2 segway's with dead batteries, both red lights. I was able to use the float charge method I read about here, and got 3 of them charged and working again
Thank you rene_canlas

I have one that still goes to red and just wont turn green. It is accepting a float charge and measures 62V prior to re-installing and charging on the segway, just like the other 3 did. But, this one wont turn green after trying the same methods used on the others. I tried several times. 3 out of 4 is amazing and im very happy with that, but you would think if the other one from this same set worked, why wouldn't this one too?

So, I opened the battery case up and tested each cell and noted the voltage on top of each group. All cells within the group tested the same voltage noted. In other words, I was looking for dead cells, but there were no individual cells that appeared or measured 0, or a different number from any of the others in the same group. ( Im feeling this means something significant )

Like, perhaps the wire that goes to that specific group of cells is bad? Ive never done this before, so just talking out loud. If there's anyone who's been in here before, what would you do next? Re-solder the bad looking connections? Replace all the cells in the most extreme low voltage clusters?

Photo's below and I marked w/arrow some areas of concern. Thanks so much for any input.
cvhsquared is offline   Reply With Quote