Old 12-03-2002, 01:16 PM   #5
Seeker
Seeker

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:

I don't know what oxy-hydrogen is.

Hi Dr. J,

I agree, the info provided on the Tathacus website about this process , is short on details. I don't exactly know what this ortho & para hydrogen are either.

Here's a link you can go to, to check out a patent by Xogen, which uses the terms 'ortho' and 'para' hydrogen, in the body of the patent :

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...xogen&RS=xogen

Have you ever heard of Stanley Meier ? He was an inventor who has sort of ‘cult’ following, who believe that he came up with some sort of amazing electroylsis device a few decades back .I've heard that the Xogen patents are similar to his electrolysis patents.

It sounds like this brand of electrolysis is claimed to be superior because it uses a "pulsed current". After reading through some information relating to it, the impression I got was that the pulsed current was supposed to cause the water molecules to be aligned within the electrolysis device in a particular way, so that it would require less energy to break their chemical bonds, or something along those lines. The other impression I had come away with, was that a common problem associated with the production of hydrogen via electrolysis, was that the hydrogen molecules have a tendancy to stick to the electrodes, thus reducing the yield of hydrogen gas. I seem to recall that this method was claiming to liberate hydrogen from the electrodes more easily, so that the hydrogen yield would be greater.

My understanding is incomplete, concerning the scientific rationale which this technique is supposed to rely upon. But If there was anything to this whole process...which in all likelihood there isn't...

it might be that the process was harnessing electric current in a more productive way than most electrolysis methods do.

I’ve wondered if maybe a pulsed current could set up some sort of a ‘resonance frequency’ within a water molecule, which would have the result that you would be using the same amount of electrical energy as most electrolysis methods...but putting that energy to better use.

Here's an analogy :

Fred & Joe both push against a fridge. Fred pushes against the fridge 5 times with a force of 1000N each time (arbitrary figure)

Joe pushes only 1 time with a force of 5000N.

Only Joe is able to move the fridge ( do useful work)...though they both use the same amount of force in total.

Just wondering if a pulsed current could be something like Joe, in terms of being better able to decompose a water molecule. Another comparison could be to the way in which wind, pushing on a bridge in typical fashion, may have a minimal effect on the integrity of the bridg. But if a resonance frequency is established in the timed force of the wind coming against the bridge, then the bridge may start swaying violently, and eventuallly be destroyed.

It's fun to speculate, but I'm sure this theory has some flaws in it !

Seeker