Thread: iscooterusa.com
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

It's the Robin, which has had many threads on Segway Chat. If you go to the "About Us" page and scroll through the photos, you'll find a red scooter with the Robin name clearly visible.

Other than somebody has a shiny new web page and they think they can sell the machines in the USA, there really isn't much news here. Hopefully, Segway, Inc. is paying attention and will bust their chops on patents.

Despite the "USA" in the name, everyone, including the fleets of police, are clearly in the People's Republic of China. As far as I can see, there are no addresses in the USA (despite the Roswell, GA comment), and not even a phone number. What kind of person would go for this? The same people who respond positively to wealthy Nigerian Prince emails?

Personally, I still think the Micro-Seg concept is good, and I'd like to see Segway offer one, but I wouldn't consider one from a company that doesn't have an address in the USA, or even a phone number. Caveat Emptor (and Valor Marghoulis!)