Thread: iscooterusa.com
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default iscooterusa.com

Well, it looks like SOMEONE thinks a smaller, lighter, more affordable self-balancing device has a market.

http://www.iscooterusa.com/

They seem not to mention Segway anywhere, but they do seem to have most of the features I'd want to see in a downsized Segway -- it's still self-balancing, lean-steered, it's lightweight, nicely packaged. The the price point is more where I'd like to see the i2, and it still has lithium batteries -- it'd be great for air travel otherwise.

Not a lot of details, and not a word about the patent issue. I wish I knew what Segway's strategy is with patent enforcement -- but it may be the old "give them the rope" treatment -- wait until there's money to be had, then go after them.

Offsetting the somewhat high price point, hey're pushing the affordability through rentals and fractional ownership (1/12th share). I can't figure how that'd work out, but it's apparent they see the need to attack sticker shock head-on.

Not a word about redundancy. Very little technical information, but what there is is interesting.

330 lb load limit. Solid tires -- max speed 12-18 MPH (well, they said "miles", but that's not a speed, er...). 18 MPH on small solid tires? Er...and there are legal issues there that may block it in some jurisdictions.

Curb hopping ability is touted. With those tiny tires, I presume down, not up! I noticed in their hill-climbing video the rider stayed *off* the rutted trail.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.