View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfazrq View Post
Greetings everyone,

I just bought a mini lite from ebay (warranty not honored by Segway therefore). the problem is that the charging port is not snug. when battery charger connector is inserted into battery port for charging, the light on the battery charger remains green unless I slightly push up the battery charger connector with my hand or use the battery port rubber protector to force up the connector. then and only then the indicator will turn red (indicating that the charging is taking place).
You need to get a flashlight and magnifier to see what is wrong in the charging port (wad of paper jammed in there or broken plastic, etc). Or, look at the charger's plug and see if the female pin is broken or pushed back so it doesn't engage solidly.

Likely, a kid was ham fisted with putting the plug in and messed up something. The key for the four pronged socket is on the side instead of bottom, if it is like the minipro, which isn't intuitive.

If the whole charging port is loose from the frame where the back nut came off, then you need to look at some disassembly videos to fix it.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote