View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
Michael1953
Michael1953 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Thumbs down miniPLUS new Firmware DANGEROUSLY DEFECTIVE

Beginning with Main Board Firmware V1.1.7 (thru the latest V1.2.0) ALL serial nos miniPLUS - when traveling downhill (ANY Slope, ANY Speed except DEAD-slow) will abruptly start Squawking, HARD Tilt-Back (or Lean-Back) - grinding to a COMPLETE STOP - THEN REVERSING back UP the hill 4-12 inches !!! THEN Releasing control back to the Rider - IF the Rider has managed to remain on-board thru this ordeal. A Novice rider CAN NOT - took me 12+ such REVERSE UPHILL experiences to learn how to thrust-hands-forward, have 'sticky' shoes on so I don't slip off backwards...

I put nearly 200 miles on my original miniPLUS (purchased 13 months ago, serial under 100) - had Firmware V1.0.8 - rode these astd slopes daily with NEVER the slightest hint of this OUT-OF-CONTROL DOWNHILL-REVERSE.

Then Updated Firmware to V1.1.7 and IMMEDIATELY this DownHill LOSS OF RIDER CONTROL about 5-seconds - HARD TiltBack - STOP - REVERSE UPHILL SEVERAL INCHES - then Squawking stops and Control is Returned To Rider.

Believing my miniPLUS was DANGEROUSLY BROKEN I decided to SELL IT FOR SCRAP. And purchased TWO NEW miniPLUS mid-April 2019.

Both arrived with Firmware V1.1.7 - BOTH SUFFER SAME DANGEROUS DownHill TiltBack-STOP-REVERSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninebot Rep says "NEVER heard of this". I suspect MANY / MOST? miniPLUS owners reside / ride in FLAT TERRAIN - so NEVER suffer this V1.1.7 DANGEROUS MALFUNCTION.

I tried ALL settings (in/out of Learner Mode - Auto-Steering Auto-Ride ON/OFF) Nothing changes this DownHill Squawk-TiltBack-REVERSE behavior.

UpDated Firmware all three (SN under 100, SN under 600, SN under 960) to Main Board V1.2.0 and NO CHANGE - Downhill Danger persists.

Now Ninebot Rep says "THIS IS NORMAL". uh......

Latest demo video:
"miniPLUS DownHill AUTO-REVERSES 6 TIMES NO CONTROL"
search youtube 9-2acpdt3C0

previous attempt
"Ninebot miniPLUS OUT OF CONTROL DOWNHILL TiltBack-STOP-REVERSE 5 in 90 Seconds"
search youtube /-wwPB4HV2XU

first video:
"Segway Ninebot miniPLUS mini-PLUS DOWNHILL Lean-Back STOPS FAULTY V1 1 7"
search youtube /BooqMrP3LUc

Anyone else who DOES NOT live in "FlatLand" suffering this? THREE out of THREE IS STATISTICALLY RELEVANT !!!!!
Michael1953 is offline   Reply With Quote