View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 07:21 PM   #216
i2Macman
i2Macman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Still gliding along and still enjoying the thrill.

I have a 2006 i2 which I converted to an X2 some many years ago now; a battery replacement a few years ago and a radio board replacement due to failing cold starts is its only maintenance, otherwise it has be going well over all these years and has only just reached 1500kms. I also have an original 2008 I2 that is close to 450km. I use both; selecting one to suit my mood at the time.

Both of these machine live on a time clock controlled charger connection when not in use. They both perform flawlessly. Just used my 2008 i2 yesterday to glide 6km km round trip into the CBD and return. Passed a number of Ninebot style electric hire standard scooters. The much younger riders were both perplexed and intrigued to see my version; most probably because they had not seen an original Segway in the wild before.

Both my Segways are still in very good condition and sport their original tyres. My X2 has a seg-seat and is also set up for golf too. Have dual carry kits for both. I expect these wonderfully designed and engineered machines to now outlast me since I am now getting closer to the finish line that to the start. I expect that their most modern replacements will never last as long as these original Segways. I still enjoy the gliding experience with these machines.
i2Macman is offline   Reply With Quote