View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 03:14 AM   #58
snout
snout is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Where does one find the yybms app?

Could someone post a link for the android yybms app?

I purchased a set of batteries on AliExpress about a year ago (NOT from this seller!) . A month later, I left the segway unplugged for 10 days, and when I plugged it back in, one of the packs gave me a red light. I checked voltage with a VOM, and the battery was still at/near full voltage (so it wasn't low voltage that was giving me the red light). I removed the batteries from the Segway and they have been sitting ever since. My seller told me that the batteries had an Android app, that the cases were welded shut, and that the batteries had a one year warranty. When the batteries arrived, they were screwed shut, caulked around the seam, held together with zip ties (while the caulk was curing), and the seller said that the bluetooth app was not working. None of this left me feeling good. When I contacted him to tell him that the battery was dead, he never replied. When I used a different email address and said I was looking for some batteries, he replied immediately. When I told him my battery was dead, he said that the ones I'd bought were really sensitive to being left off the charger...and then, rather than honor the warranty and ship me a fresh battery, he tried to upsell me to the new and improved battery; he offered me a "credit" for my dead battery, but the price he quoted for the new batteries was inflated (compared to Aliexpress listings) by more than the credit he was offering. Sounded like he was inviting me to "double down" on a bad deal, so I took a pass. I'll bet my battery is using the same BMS and would work with the same software...maybe it will give me some insight into what's wrong with my pack.
snout is offline   Reply With Quote