View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 02:40 AM   #9
bubbletea
bubbletea is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

@hogoscooter

I’m in the same boat as you- recently purchased an ES4 and error 18. Only had it for a few days before it error showed up. Once in a while the error will away when I turned it on but it inevitably comes back. The control board located in the tube right below the battery is shot. I’ve been desperately trying to reach Ninebot technical support to no avail. The support web form does nothing, email goes unresponsive, and the their tech support number goes straight to voicemail. I’ve had the scooter for almost two months and have only been able to use it for two days. Called a local Segway dealer by me and they refused to service it since replacement parts from Segway are non-existent. I ended up ordering a control board on eBay and doing the work myself. I’m also trying to get a claim through my credit card for defective product. I really regret this purchase and even more so for buying online from the Segway webstore.

This isn’t an easy swap and it will take some patience but hope this helps anyone else in the same boat. Do a search on YouTube for disassembly videos, good luck!
bubbletea is offline   Reply With Quote