Thread: Bushwhacking
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #29
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai
Steven, are you a neo-con?

Your explanation of the term is just plain silly IMHO and frankly, Clintonion. Lol.

Ok, let's try this...
Are you in line with the world vision of what many of the so-called neo-con think tanks profess?

I know you know what I mean.
Let's not get squirmy.

I'm a proud liberal, as you know, but open to a bi-partisan ticket. I want transparent government.
I'm not a neo-Con and don't believe there is really such a thing, rather neo-Con is a term that was coined to denigrate those who they (whomever they may be) don't agree with.

I'm have been called a conservative liberal and a liberal conservative but I tend to avoid labels. I rarely follow party lines (that's a recipe for failure) and vote my beliefs. I'm all about eliminating Pork (Sen Byrd can pack his bags), balancing the budget, flat tax, bringing back the draft (this one will get some response, I'm sure), and yes, even eliminating Affirmative Action (more response).

I believe that Social Security needs to be regulated (it isn't and was NEVER a retirement plan), I believe we need to put more emphasis on individual responsibility and less on government assistance.

I believe that even though we need to flex our muscles every now and then we also need to fix our problems at home. However, if our Commander in Chief makes a determination that we need to enter into a conflict somewhere, I will support his decision to the hilt, even if it is a decision with which I may personally disagree.

I like a McCain / Bradley ticket, although just don't see it. A McCain / Powell ticket would also be interesting.

Kucinich? I shudder at the thought.

McCain / Clinton? Which Clinton are you talking about?

I believe we are fragmented as a nation because we no longer wish to talk and only wish to force our opinions on others. I believe what I believe but will always respect (strange as it may be :-) ) what you believe.

In short, I do wish we could all just get along, but know better. Because I know better I'm so glad WE are the big guns and not them (whomever them may be).

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote