Thread: Bushwhacking
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #23
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

I do so at my own peril but here goes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai
...How about fair and open elections again?
The elections were fair and open. The popular vote has limited say in who gets elected....the Electoral College does it all. Unfortunately, the LOSER chose to take it to the Supreme Court, rather than standing up and taking it like a man (or woman) should. With pride and dignity.

BTW, I remember when both sides said they would abide by the results of the recount...and then poof! off to the Supreme Court it went.

Oh, and if you think I'm bashing Gore because he is a Dem...not to worry, I got lots of pictures of us together hanging on my "I love me" wall. Long story, but it was a fun time!

Quote:
How about freedom of speech and the press again? I'd be cool with that as a start. I believe the people get the government they deserve... unless the elections are hijacked.
Huh? we have FoS, and we have FoP, and the elections were fair.

Quote:
I have no problem with this if there are fair and honest elections, like in Canada for example.
Again, I don't know why you think the elections weren't fair or honest

Quote:
If you don't care. Don't waste my time and yours.
You have a point, and I do care or I wouldn't have asked.

Quote:
But I would like to see a third party candidate, maybe a moderate from each party running together to help heal our country.
Not sure though we would agree on who the moderates are.
WOW! We agree on something. I am very much an outsider type of voter (Anybody remember John Anderson?) I also believe we need to have moderates who are outside their party's mainstream. What we need are "anti-yes" men (or women) to run this country.

Who would you pick?

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote