View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member
Default i2 with knobbies vs x2

Hello!

I am trying to decide if I want to venture off-road with a Segway. I currently have a pair of i2s. One of them is my "commuter." The other is the back-up/extra machine that is virtually new. A friend of mine recently got an x2 that he uses to explore hiking trails and areas around the foothills of the mountains here in Albuquerque. I've been trying to decide if I should try to get my mitts on an x2 so that I can do a little of the same. The thing is, I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't glide hiking trails too often. Part of me wonders if I would be better served by adding some more aggressive tires to my i2 and giving that a shot. An x2 would really only be good for trails, but an i2 with meaty tires could still be used on streets and less "adventurous" terrrain.

I'm definitely leaning more toward putting tires on my i2, but I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble. Would an i2 be hopeless on dry trails that have loose rocks? It seems like the narrower profile would almost make it more maneuverable than an x2, but it wouldn't roll over stuff quite as easily, either. His x2 is set up with a seat (as he is paraplegic.) Otherwise, I'd give it a try and see how it does. I did take it for a quick spin before we started building the seat. It seemed to float right over stuff. When it comes to hiking trails, is it an x2 or nothing?
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote