Thread: Hyperbike
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

I think its pretty interesting, because it is similar to a couple ideas and designs I've been working on. Karl, remember your little Godzilla or Barney toy you saw and posted about a few weeks ago? If you watch the video on this hypebike you can see that it too balances at below the axle. You can see the person iside kind of roll or, rock back, and forth, inside it and the front wheel bobbing up and down. With the front steering wheel bobbing up and down I would think it would be hard to steer. If they want to get this working better they need to find a way to stop that. In one of my designs there is no front wheel, to worry about and the glider would be swinging almost like the one on the video. Oh, and the wheels, very similar on another design, I've been coming up with. On his written document about it he said he already had his huge wheels made. I wonder how or where he got them or made them. I have thought about getting one of those huge tubular wire racks that the powerline companies abandon in fields after the stringing some cable or power lines. They are about the same size. And that would be stealing, which I'm not akin to do. Now if it was donated that would be ok. How did he get rubber on them. Can you imagine all the tubes of silicone or what ever to make it. Perhaps he used bicycle innertubes for 24 or 26 inch wheels and stretched them over, and, or glued and layered them on one at a time. But I guess I could find out.

Karl, can you provide a link to the toothed track one you mentioned?

I like the design but I don't think I would try to ride it because I think it would be terribly exhausting to ride. But there are elements of it I like.