View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
I wanted to like the Volt so much, because I like its particular design concept as a hybrid. But, I would have a very difficult time living with it long-term for a couple of simple & basice reasons:

-The front seats are very flat, contourless, hard, and basically uncomfortable. I can't imagine a long trip...
-Considering this is a 4-door sedan, the back seats are relatively useless, except for small adults and children. There is very little headroom for normal size adults.

The rest of the car seems great.
I hear you, as a car I could really kind of take it or leave it. The part that excites me is the drivetrain. With the way technology is advancing, I would expect to see this system in a wide variety of vehicles across GM's range, and I think it could really improve the driving and fuel economy characteristics of a wide range of vehicles. I mean personally, I'm holding out for a pick up truck with this type of drivetrain. as much as I like the volt now, it wouldn't really work for me either, as I use a Segway for mobility purposes, and it's a bit difficult for me to get a segway in and out of a hatch or trunk with ramps. that being said, I have a 40 mile round-trip commute to and from school, and if I could do it without any gasoline whatsoever I'd be a happy camper, and gladly put up with the inconveniences of having to use ramps over a segvator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote