Thread: $125 an hour
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default Re: categories,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Personally I don't even look at the categories. I have my link set to look only for new posts so I never have to look at the categories.

So, make as many categories as you want....or make as few as you want. End of the day I only look at the new stuff anyway.

Steven
Ah, yes. For regular daily consumption of new posts, I too use the "new posts" link. Categories make little sense, as the main thing is that it is "new".

But when trying to help someone out by digging up an old topic or mis-categorized post with the search feature, not having things organized very well really slows one down.

I'm not complaining, as this newer board (vBulletin) is much more flexible over the previous one. But to keep it running smoothly, older posts have to be shuffled over to the archive section, which removes them from the scope of the search feature.

I wouldn't want the mods or admins to spend a lot of time managing or categorizing the posts, just so future Segchatters can access the archives more easily. So I attempt to point out that if more (specialized) category options existed in the present, when the need arises to find something from the past occurs in the future, it would be made a little easier.

Re: Arenas,

Desert_Seg, I'm curious about your opinion on the prospects of SegPolo on artificial turf. Or the possibility of timesharing with or renting time from an arena soccer organization.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote