Thread: $125 an hour
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default $125 an hour

How bad does anybody want to play polo?

Here's an outfit that is building an arena for arena soccer:

http://www.casl4soccer.com/

Here's a pic of the field under construction, taken on Tuesday, Oct. 31st:

Opening day is slated for November 12th.

I really doubt they would be interested in renting the field to SegPolo players. But you never know. Maybe they have a "slow" season?

Anyway, the construction crew left the doors open late Monday evening / early Tuesday morning, and I had a chance to glide around on the artificial turf surface for a few minutes.

Traction was OK, but not quite as positive as natural grass. A little sliding occurred, but not very alarming. No bumps or ruts of any kind, of course, so that's a plus. Probably would get a bit of "rugburn" if exposed skin skidded along the surface in a fall.

Check their site out. These soccer guys are very well organized, team dues, ref. fees, several different leagues. One can only dream of the time when SegPolo will be so developed. Oh well, maybe that's a bit of a reach. But I find it entertaining to consider the possibility.

Here's the rental page that shows the rental by the hour charges.

I guess this is "off topic" as it doesn't fit into the regular categories. Anybody have an opinion on petitioning for adding some new forum categories? I would suggest a SegPolo forum and a "Make & Build"-for-your-PT forum. No urgency for the request. Just trying to avoid cluttering up the main forum with these silly little posts.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote