View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

A few things to add in response to some of the posts! I basically shorten things that I have done up, because I do not feel that everyone wants to read the details. If I say anything and someone wants further clarification, please pm me, I will clarify further no problem. What I don't want to do is get into long life stories for everyone to read. That was one of my problems in the beginning, I told more than was really needed. So, on a person to person basis if you want more facts to substantiate my life claims, please feel free to ask, but privately not publicly, I will respond! Heck, if you want I'll even send a copy of my license!!!

Now on to Karl (well that last bit was aimed at his response as well)! No, Karl, I was not referring to you in my original post. I guess on the sex topic, we will have to leave it at, it depends on the area. In Madison, it is pretty much phased out. It is not really a hot button issue, but it is also widely accepted. So, maybe in Wilmington it is still one of the three, but in Madison it is not so I change my statement to "In some areas sex has been removed from the three!". It is often talked about in Madison but rightfully so, widely accepted so it is a very calm topic. I would agree that the catholic church is not the worst, but it is the only one I have personally expierienced, therefore I added it in.

As far as Obama goes, you are entitled to your beliefs. Much of what you wrote was opinion and I respect that, although do not agree. The fact is that there really weren't any votes in which he could have partaken to show his stance. He was openly against the war from the beginning, but was only in state senate at the time so that held no bearing. He still expressed his loathing for the war from the beginning, although only on a state level.

Karl, there are some very commendable parents that speak politics with their kids. There are some others that don't and I assume this goes by are as well. What I see more of is parents that talk politics with their kids but discourage talking it in public. But I'm glad we could find something to agree on here.

When talking about Obama, it is hard to say if we would have heard of him based on record. Why did he rise up nationally? This is because he won by such a great margin in IL thus sealing his celebrity. Did he win IL under his record within the state or popularity? Well I don't think either one of us can really say, due to the fact that I doubt you and I know I, followed the IL senate race of 2004. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he won based on his record for Senate, then we would have heard of him now due to his record.

What I mean when I say I voted before it was cool is simply this. The first election I could vote in was 2006 (just state offices present)! Regardless, voting was a very uncool thing at the time. Very few of my age group did and that was a shame. Out of 90 people in my graduating class that were allowed to vote only one did. That was me. This election, it seems voting is cool amongst all age groups. Just saying that I voted before it was the cool thing to do in my group!!

Now to Will, you and the mods can try to curb attacks, but in the end they still happen. There are many that go uncurbed and I am not calling that your fault. Basically if people want to resort to attack mode they will, whether the mods like it or not, and these attacks cannot be stopped. I am just hoping people see how silly and arrogant these attacks are and make an effort theselves to curb them. No one excluded in my books. Anyway, I have said enough as far as this wave of posts goes! If you have any more to add or clear up, please let me know! Have a great day!!

Jeremy Ryan