View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
All right -- who are you and what have you done with Jeremy???

I can hardly believe my eyes!! It's amazing to see the change in your perspective, or at least your expression of it. It hard to believe you've only been here for three months, yet my impression of you has changed tremendously. I will admit that my original impression was "Whiney kid that knows it all and won't listen to anyone". My warmest wishes to you for the increased maturity or perhaps just more clarity in expressing it. Of course, I am not one who is beyond reproach, I have been squelched on occasion also.

And my opinion is just that, you may take it with a grain of salt or a five-pound bag. I just had to comment on the growth that I have seen.

Actually, this IS the chat room for those subjects... or most any others. It's entitled "Off Topic" and if you read back over the last few years, you'll find that title is sort of like calling the Atlantic Ocean a 'large body of water' -- a bit of an understatement!!! Trust me, this is only a minor reach...

Enjoy!!

Thank you five-flags for the compliment! We have had a couple disagreements in the past, but I would consider our conversations constructive. As far as maturity goes, I have not changed. It just took me a while to find how this forum operated. You see I have one way off speaking around peers and one way around my professional contacts. As such, I also have two different ways of expressing myself. When I began here it was a little more of a peer kind of expression. I slowly realized that I needed to step myself up, on this forum, to a professional contact mentality. Regardless I consider many here friends. I would like to thank many of you for embracing me and being, at times, contradictory, but nice.

I wrote this because there are some people who have not been so nice to me, and there are some that are not so nice to others here. It seems as though to some attacking someone on their beliefs or attacking them in general is going to get their point further. This could not be more wrong. I just wanted to express that, on several occasions, I have seen people get attacked on political views and many other things. I am asking people to please stop (the few that choose to convey themselves this way)! I think that if we all just accept (but we can still constructively debate) other people's views this will be a much better forum. I am no god but will work on this myself!

Jeremy Ryan