View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #23
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob yarbrough View Post
Karl,

While I think this degree of lighting is going a bit overboard to make oneself noticed, if you stay at and restrict yourself to the end of the glide line I think the excessiveness of it would be acceptable. But if, as you state, others are behind you I would consider this type of behavior to be inconsiderate of others desires and additionally being at the end of the line would help ensure the safety and security of those who have chosen to ride/drive/glide in your company.

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy
I have different settings that I can use, to allow for social interactions when in the middle of a segway group.

I do feel that it is among the best tail lights I have seen in the bike/segway market, and for this very reason, I frequently choose to be at the rear of the line so that it can serve to protect the entire column.

While I shared that people have mentioned that it is annoying to have the rear light blinking in your eyes for any length of time, it is not done to be antisocial, it is done for safety. All that mentioned it have recognize it as such, and therefore there were no complaints.

Still, I do mostly glide alone, and when I do it works for me.

I appreciate the advice regarding lighting and positioning, but you must remember that what one may feel too much lighting another may not, and it is a personal choice. If you do not know where I glide, and how drivers react, it is difficult to tell what is overboard and what is not.

The same could be said regarding the security of accessory designs. If it is not your design, and you are not the person concerned about its integrity, than others should not say you are being too concerned about someone stealing you design. I said others should not, but they did.

So, thanks for the advice, it was good. Have a good glide and keep smiling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote