View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
In my opinion both Bob and Civicsman understand that not participating in health care insurance previously did not carry with it the potential for the government sending you to jail.

Now that the healthcare bill was passed, which does not really improve healthcare at all, and especially the way it was written in the past, carries with it fines... But they called those fines taxes instead, and authorized the IRS to collect them, because they have the authority we have been exhaustively discussing...

Because this bill has passed, not participating in health care insurance now does carry with it the potential for government sending you to jail...
Nope, language was explicitly added to exclude that remote possibility.

Quote:
The fine point that the bill does not say jail, but instead says the fines are taxes, and taxes carry these or those penalties, does not change the meaning of what is being said here...

To say that the passage this bill has no (or more specifically) had not
potential to send you to jail is a lie.
Well, that's rather sloppily worded, but taken as I know you mean it, true -- except nobody that I know of has told that lie. If you have an example, we can discuss it. O'Reilly played a clip where someone tried to pin Pelosi down on the question. I can't say I'm exactly happy with the forthrightness of her answer, but she didn't say any direct falsehoods.

Quote:
I do not care to try to justify everything said on FOX news, and you cannot and should not put me in that position, simply because I listen to many news sources, and you guys are fanatics about hating FOX news and Republicans and I am not...

You are both being obtuse.
If you can defend O'Reilly here, then can you give me an example of something said on FOX that you would NOT defend?

The issue here is simple: O'Reilly said Fox did NOT say it. They did. He did. All of your arguments don't bear on that question. Even had all of FOX's statements been 100% correct, O'Reilly's statement would still be a lie, because they said what he said they did not say.

I hate the Democratic party, too. And all TV news. And people who ignore economic realities, and a bunch of other stuff. They're just usually aren't so openly blatant as to hand me such ammo.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote