View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
OregonForester
OregonForester will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
Hi Folks:

When I plugged in the SegVator, I get no movement up/down and no lights. I took a meter and am not getting any DC readings from any of the 7 pins on the 7 pin connector. I did try the SegVator with the car running and the lights on also. Does the car have to be running to see any voltage on the 7 pin connector or should you have that anytime ? Maybe I am not seating the SegVator plug fully enough ? Is there any other swiches that need to be turned prior to the SegVator running ? I saw an in-line fuse on the SegVator cable and it has continuity, so its not that... If any SegVator owners read this, can you confirm if you can run the SegVator without the car running, is the standard 7 pin connector REALLY hard to seat the first time, is there anything else I should check ? I can go back to the trailer place, but wanted to try everything easy first. Thanks folks.
That's your problem, exactly. When I hooked mine up to my F150, I had the same problem, even though it was a factory plug. It seems that although Ford has a "hot" lead leading to the plug, there is a relay that needs to be installed in the fuse block under the dash before it is actually "hot". Although Ford thoughtfully includes the relay, it is in a ziplock bag in the glove compartment!
You should have one pin that is hot whenever the key is on (I'm sorry but I cannot recall which one.) That is so you can operate the lift, but when you go into the store someone cannot operate it! There is another pin that should be hot only when your lights are on. That works so that the inverter only runs then.

Actually, you should repost this in the other Forum, and I suspect that you will receive lots of responses from those that know more than I...they should also be able to tell you which pins should be hot, and when.

You'll love your Segvator, btw. It makes your life a lot simpler.