View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 02:37 AM   #6
battman
battman is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Hi Philip,
initially I didn't want to attach the working CSB on batteries that I didn't know if they had healthy circuits, in order to avoid burning that csb too.
After I checked the csb on the I180 with good batteries (from a friend) I connected it finally to the p133 with the Ni-Mh batteries, which I had opened and charged manually in advance. The charging works but the batteries don't hold much. I didn't know about the different charging phases so I was unplugging it when the LEDS had become solid green. I'll let it now plugged to see if there will be any balancing, though I'm not sure in the case of p133 if it works that way. Currently after half an hour the LEDs are still solid green. I think in Ni-Mh no balancing takes place (I know that balancing is for Li-Ion but these batteries have 6 different groups inside, so I thought balancing could be applicable between these groups)

I appriciate the portability of the P133 too, so I'll try to convert it to Lithium batteries. Does anybody have done the same?
I build batteries myself so I'll try to do it myself. The problem is that every battery has 6 groups of 9,6V so I cannot just replace every group with let's say 3 cells Li-Ion, as the total voltage will be 12.6 per group...
Instead I was thinking to make a 2x 8s battery with li-ion and BMS and plug it on the total poles of the groups. This would be the best option but I believe the battery checks every group separately so it will probably complain about the intermediate voltages not being correctly. I'll open a separate thread on this...

Last edited by battman; 05-22-2019 at 02:43 AM..
battman is offline   Reply With Quote