View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #27
rene_canlas
rene_canlas is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
rene_canlas' guide worked on 3 out of 4 batteries for me! Thanks so much rene!

willballz11 (New Member) just posted another tip to try on another thread.. this would facilitate the same result without having to purchase an adjustable power supply.. he says:

I had a red light and a green light. Took the batteries off and tested voltage on both. One was 77v and one was 5v. So then I plugged in the Segway and tested the ports that the battery plug into. One read 27v. And the other read 11v. Not sure if that's a problem but it seems odd. Either way I used as heavy gauge wire as I could did negative to negative and positive to positive and let it sit for 40 seconds. Feeling both batteries the entire time and with a fire extinguisher nearby just in case. Neither battery heated up and when I tested batteries again the one that was at 5v was now reading 60v. So I plug in the two batteries on my Segway and Wala. Two green lights Segway recognizes both batteries now.
Wow! Thanks for sharing this technique. I'll add it into my document as a "roadside emergency alternative". Cheers!
Rides: Gray i167 (2003), Black i2 (2009)

Last edited by rene_canlas; 10-24-2021 at 09:44 AM..
rene_canlas is offline   Reply With Quote