View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I would thinks that would be so, I'm just saying that, my PT, I cannot even put inside the train, whereas a more compact and less intimidating vehicle would not be a problem.

I've taken 2 PT's on an Amtrak once, (X2 and i2) and it took up all of the space for getting around, but with a solowheel or say a robin, you can put it almost anywhere.

I often take the train and bus/trolley, so I wish I could take my Segway but it is just too heavy and bulky, but a solowheel or robin would be a good option.

I would wonder how much the ticket would be for doing that, obviously there's a major danger of falling into the tracks so I'd guess at least $500
He indicated it was on the order of $400.

In my experience, transit agencies are pretty paranoid about risks. What to you or me is a tiny risk, doesn't look so tiny when you scale it up to thousands of people daily.

A Segway ended up on the BART tracks a while back, when the owner suffered some medical issue. Baby carriages have also ended up on the tracks; there was another case of this just a few weeks ago -- baby included.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.