View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
RMullins
RMullins is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hopefully I can help you understand a few issues and the symptoms you experienced.

1. Low voltage battery: To fix this you will need to increase the voltage back above the safety cutoff level to allow the battery pack to be fully charged. This forum has a few threads on how to accomplish that. You can use your own judgement if you want to try that fix. The safest way is to use a battery reviver or conditioner like the unit MTO battery was selling and renting.
2. The symptom you described could be the result of two issues. First, if this battery was installed on the front side position, then it’s possible that even though it was plugged in, you may have not have had the cord fully seated into the charge port. I have personally witnessed this on numerous occasions. The tabs on the electric cord prevent it from fully engaging into the charge port at times. The solution is to trim-shave them back about a 1/4”. When I would show this to customers they were shocked at how much of a better fit it was. The second possibility could be a faulty CSB. Or in simple terms, your charge controller. The most common failure I experienced was that the CSB was not charging batteries in the maintenance mode of the charging process. So even though it’s plugged in, and you think all is fine, the voltage is dropping because maintenance mode has failed. My personal unit has this issue, and I use a timer to reset the charging process everyday.

If you want, PM me your email address I can email you some further directions to access inside the CSB if you want to try and diagnose an electrical failure.

Football game is back on, so maybe I can help more later. Lol
RMullins is offline   Reply With Quote