View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #115
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
I know Karl knows this:

...at some particular tire pressure, with some specified rider weight, and on some particular surface...

In other words, a function of the number of wheel rotations.

It doesn't display truly accurate speed or distance at all - much less if you change some parameter.

The parameters have definitely been changed. My InfoKey generally shows something in the 11's for speed though my observation is that I'm progressing much faster than before I changed the tires. It's a difficult calculation, though since one Li-Ion is OEM, almost 7 years old, and the other is an MTO re-fresh that I purchased from my Dealer, Segway of Lehigh Valley, after it died two (2) months after the warranty period I may not be maxing out my speed.

Next upgrade for Trigger is a new, upgraded set from MTO though it's been a difficult decision as I'm still able to do 80% of my normal Glide activity with my current set of 6-7 year old Li-Ions. And, summer is coming, so they perform much better in 70-80 weather then they do in the 20-30 degree weather that will be my Gliding home temp tonight.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote