View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #113
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Does the InfoKey give an accurate measure of miles/km with the new tires? Have you noticed a change in road performance, speed, or torque? Do you inflate to 4psi or something different? Thanks.
The infokey, as suspected, is displaying a simple function of factory set speeds based on factory set tire sizes.

Install a larger or smaller diameter tire, and the displayed speed will be inaccurate.

The math is fairly simple for computing your new max speed, simply compare the new diameter to the factory set one, and make your adjustments. The slightly larger tires on my segway give me about a 13.75 mph max, but the display will still say 12.5 mph. (actually it pretty much does not maintain that exact speed that much. At 10 mph, or even 11 mph, steady speed is fairly easy to maintain, but max speed is harder)

Unfortunately, unless you are very good at math in your head, speeds up to the max will require you multiplying in your head the displayed speed by a correction factor.

Once you get used to it, you may be able to make benchmarks for yourself. As an example above, 12.5 displayed equals 13.75 actual. (this is a ratio of about 1 : 1.1) That means that if the display is 10 mph, the actual is 11mph.
Display of 5 mph, actual speed is about 5.5 mph.

This example works for me, and happens to work for my tires, but another ratio may be harder on the mental math...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote